Yeah, it’s massive. The Mega 8K’s build volume is 330 x 185 x 400 mm, which means some truly epic printing is possible. Whether it’s part of a costume or a selection of desktop gaming figurines, the build area of the Mega 8K is a fitting space for the name.
For comparison’s’ sake, this pits it close to the ~$2,800 Peopoly Phenom L, and its 345 x 194 x 400 mm build volume, a printer with 90-micron pixel size. On the other hand, the Mega 8K, at $1,600, offers up pixels at 43-microns in the X- and Y- axes.
15-INCH 8K MONO LCD
So, the huge 8K resolution mono LCD screen that the Mega 8K has, allows it to print at a 43-micron resolution, giving it a considerable resolution bump over the likes of the Phenom L.
This should mean that although you can print really, really big things with it, it also captures a high level of detail – even being narrowly better than that of many budget resin 3D printers, which tend to hover around the 50-micron print resolution mark.
As is becoming standard for this class of desktop printer, the Mega 8K’s LCD is of the monochrome variety.
PRE-CALIBRATED BUILD PLATE
This is something we really enjoyed about the Nova3D Bene4 Mono, where a pre-calibrated build plate allowed us to get the printer out, pour a bunch of resin in it, and begin printing almost immediately.
DUAL-LINEAR RAIL AND BALL SCREW DESIGN
When the plate has a heavy resin print half-baked hanging off it, it needs to be really stable, especially when we’re talking about the sort of volumes offered here.
Phrozen has opted for dual-linear rails and a ball screw design for the Mega 8K, and the massive backbone allow huge prints to be made without wobbles and the subsequent effect of said wobbles.
- 8K Printing Capabilities : Sonic Mega 8K trumps all other 3D printers on the market by showcasing striking details at 43µm, producing 3D models that are almost twice as detailed as other large-scale 3D printers.
- 15” Mono-LCD Screen: The largest Mono-LCD printing area on the market with 15.” In comparison, the largest printing area was previously only 13.3.”
- Huge Printing Volume: With a 40cm tall Z-axis, Sonic Mega 8K comes with the largest XY printing area, enabling you to print out significantly larger models in one sitting.
- Pre-Calibrated Building Plate: All Sonic Mega 8K building plates will be calibrated perfectly before they are shipped, which means that all you need to do is take your device out of the box and you’re all set to begin printing!
- Dual Linear Rail & Ball Screw Design: For an ultra-stable Z-axis, Sonic Mega 8K adopts this specific design so that large and heavy objects can be printed with no wobbling.
- Full Metal Exterior: Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K is made completely of metal. This strengthens the entire structure, making it stronger, and much more sustainable for long-term usage.
- Prints with 8K Quality – The Ultimate Resolution
- XY Resolution: 43 µm
- Z-axis: 40cm
- Printing Volume: 33 x 18.5 x 40 cm (H)
- Building plate: 33 x 18.5 cm
- Maximum Printing Speed: 70 mm/hr